Leica Group Photography Workshops
Many hours of time and effort go into building Gino’s series of workshops. Through these individually crafted workshops, participants get the best opportunities to improve their Leica M camera system knowledge and capture award winning images.
Over the past 15 years, Gino has not only travelled extensively to workshop locations, he has intimate knowledge hiking the Desolation Wilderness near Lake Tahoe in the summer and the trails off Hwy 88 near Carson Pass for wild flower photography.
In addition, Gino has travel along Hwy 49 in the Gold Country, capturing images at historic points of interest like Knights Foundry in Sutter Creek and Empire Mine State Park in Grass Valley. One of Gino’s favorite California landscape photography locations is Yosemite National Park. Gino has traveled to the national park every year since 2002.
Attending Gino’s workshops will give you personalized experience on how to use your Leica M camera system to capture breathtaking images for your portfolio.
“Gino really knows his material and is an excellent presenter. His passion for his photographic calling and effective communication skills ignite the enthusiasm of the students and they learn a lot.” – Betty, Folsom Community College
We are excited to provide the following workshop series
- Image Processing Workshop Using Capture One (in conjunction with each multiple day workshops)
- Emerald Bay/Eagle Falls – South Lake Tahoe (May/June)
- Lake Aloha from Lower Echo Lake Boat Taxi – Desolation Wilderness (July/August)
- Lake Winnemucca from Wood Lake Near Carson Pass – Wild Flower Photography (July)
- Bassi Falls – El Dorado National Forest (May/June)
- Knights Foundry – Sutter Creek (All Season)
- Empire Mind State Park and surrounding area in Grass Valley and Nevada City – Fall Colors (between the last week in October to the first week in November)
- Hope Valley – Fall Colors (last week in September or first week in October)
- Yosemite National Park – May (waterfalls and dogwood tree’s blooming) and June/July (John Muir and Pohono Trails)
- Napa Valley – Fall Colors (first week in November)
1. Please keep in mind when signing up for a workshop that Mother Nature is in control and we cannot guarantee ideal weather conditions when traveling to the workshop locations. With that said, Gino will schedule the workshops so weather is a minimum factor from a photographic perspective.
2. Some of the workshops require hiking long distances, so participants need to be physically capable of strenuous hiking for 8 to 12 miles during the course of one day. Proper hiking equipment is required to successfully navigate the trails on the workshop.
Gino loves the REI store. It has an expert staff who can help you purchase the right equipment for your hike. The following link is a checklist of items needed for a day hike in the wilderness:
You will gain invaluable experience participating in Gino’s workshops. From capturing award winning images to processing your images for print or web, you will set yourself apart from your peers.
Contact Gino for more information on his series of workshops in California.